It is important to report any change of mailing address to the Assessor’s Office. The tax bills may be generated after the six month forwarding time is up which would leave the Tax Collector with no current address to mail the bill. Per CT General Statutes, the Tax Collector is only obligated to send the bill to the last known address. An incorrect address does not eliminate your liability to pay the bill, including any interest and penalties.
If you elect to have a post office box, please notify us, since we are unable to obtain this information from the Post Office or any other source.
We appreciate your cooperation.
- Abutters Information
- Address Changes
- Board of Assessment Appeals Information
- Business / Personal Property Information
- Does the Town offer any kind of tax assistance to seniors?
- Downloadable Forms
- Essex GIS Mapping (works best with Chrome Browser)
- How do I appeal my taxes?
- Important Dates and Miscellaneous Information
- M-3 Tax Exempt Return Charitable and certain Other Organizations
- Motor Vehicle Tax Bill Changes
- Tax Deferral Program
- Tax Relief for Elderly and Totally Disabled Persons
- Vision Appraisal Essex Real Estate Database