Water Pollution Control Authority
WPCA – The Water Pollution Control Authority is comprised of 5 regular members and 2 alternate members and generally meets at 5:00 p.m. on the 3rd Monday of each month. Refer to the 2017 Meeting Schedule for exact dates.
Connecticut General Statutes authorize a municipal Water Pollution Control Authority (WPCA) to prepare a water pollution control plan and to define where sewers are to be located and where they are not. Each Water Pollution Control Authority may prepare and periodically update a water pollution control plan for the municipality. Such plan shall designate and delineate the boundary of: (1) Areas served by any municipal sewerage system; (2) areas where municipal sewerage facilities are planned and the schedule of design and construction anticipated or proposed; (3) areas where sewers are to be avoided; (4) areas served by any community sewerage system not owned by a municipality; (5) areas to be served by any proposed community sewerage system not owned by a municipality; (6) areas to be designated as decentralized wastewater management districts. Such plan shall also describe the means by which municipal programs are being carried out to avoid community pollution problems and describe any programs wherein the local Director of Health manages subsurface sewage disposal systems. Essex continues to support WPCA’s sewer avoidance plan and related Wastewater Management Ordinance.
|Lisa Fasulo||Director of Health||860-767-4340 x118|
- 1998 Appendices A thru M -Wastewater Mgmt Study
- 1998 Appendices N thru V - Wastewater Mgmt Study
- 1998 Figures & Maps - Wastewater Mgmt Study
- 1998 Wastewater Management Study for Essex
- 2011 Preliminary Wastewater Management Study for Ivoryton Village
- 2017 WPCA Meeting Schedule
- EXAMPLE RFQ: Prospect RFQ 05-06-2008
- EXAMPLE: Prospect Facilities Plan Scope
- Essex Wastewater Facilities Plan - RFQ
- Letter from Planning Commission to WPCA - Feb 2016
- RFQ: 2016 Wastewater Facilities Plan
- WPCA RFQ 2016-02 REVISED