The Board of Selectmen are the chief elected and executive officers of the Town of Essex. Its responsibility covers a broad range of important municipal issues. The Board of Selectmen are responsible for the oversight and delivery of all general municipal services, including but not limited to Public Safety, Public Works, and general government (finance, personnel, building inspections, maintenance, senior services, legal, animal control, conservation, and veterans functions).
The Board of Selectmen act as the appointing authority for the many resident volunteers who serve on town boards and commissions. These Boards/Commissions assist in shaping and formulating Town policies on the environment, infrastructure assessment and improvement, growth and development issues, fair housing, senior citizens, finance, recreation, recycling, and personnel to name a few. In addition, appointment of department heads of various general agencies falls within their scope of responsibility as well.
The Board of Selectmen also act as the Town's licensing authority and reviews, hears and acts on all such requests. The Board reviews and approves Town Meeting warrants, payrolls, vendor payments, ballot questions, and reviews and approves contracts for procurement of services or materials. The Board of Selectmen also play a key role in litigation and employee contract negotiations.
The Board of Selectmen meet on the third Wednesday evening every month at 7:00 PM in Conference Room A located on the second floor of the Essex Town Hall.
|Maria Lucarelli||860-767-4340 x112|
- 2015 Town of Essex Holiday Schedule
- ADA Municipal Grievance Procedure
- Affirmative Action Policy Statement
- Americans with Disabilities Act ADA Notice
- Application for a Permit to Conduct a Bazaar or Raffle
- ESSEX TOWN HALL AND TOWN GARAGE ROOF - PLANS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Essex Town Hall and Garage Roof Replacement - Contractor Addendum #1
- Fair Housing Policy Statement
- INVITATION TO BIDDERS - ESSEX TOWN HALL AND TOWN GARAGE ROOF REPLACEMENT
- Phone and Email List
- Section 3 Plan
Frequently Asked Questions
- 10th Annual Ivoryton Fourth of July Parade!
- In observance of Independence Day, our offices will be closed on Friday, July 3rd.
- Summer Concert Series - Starts July 1st
- Updates to Essex P&R Summer Camp and Town Hall Civic Campus Facilities
- Valley Regional Musical Program Wins Future of Theatre and Outstanding Graphic Design Awards at Connecticut High School Music Theatre Awards
Agenda - Public Hearing
July 1, 2015 - 6:30pm
Special Town Meeting - immediately following Public Hearing
July 1, 2015 - 6:30pm
July 1, 2015 - 5:00pm
Agenda - Workshop
June 17, 2015 - 4:00pm
June 3, 2015 - 5:00pm