Hours of Operation
Roles & Responsibilities
The Treasurer is elected to a four-year term, as specified by Town Ordinance, and exercises the powers and duties conferred by CT General Statutes. The Treasurer works closely with the Director of Finance, the Board of Finance and the First Selectman in all matters involving the Town’s Finances.
Current Town Treasurer, Jim Francis has served in this fiduciary role since November 12, 2013.
- Pest Alerts from the Tree Warden
- The Opioid Epidemic! Evening of information on Monday, May 15th at the Centerbrook Meeting House.
- Essex Veterans Memorial Day Parade May 29th at 9am in Essex Village
- Region 4 Budget Referendum - Tuesday, May 2nd at the Essex Town Hall Auditorium 12 pm - 8 pm. (Essex Residents)
- CT DPH RELEASES ANNUAL FISH ADVISORY, “IF I CATCH IT, CAN I EAT IT?”