The primary responsibility of the Public Works Department is to maintain the town's infrastructure. This includes repairing and plowing roads to ensure the convenience, livelihood and way of life for the people of Essex. We also maintain some municipal property as well.
- Region 4 Budget Referendum -Tuesday, May 2nd at the Essex Town Hall Auditorium 12 pm - 8 pm. (Essex Residents)
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day, Sat April 29th 10am - 2pm. See link for locations.
- Pest Alerts from the Tree Warden
- The Opioid Epidemic! Evening of information on Monday, May 15th at the Centerbrook Meeting House.
- Essex Veterans Memorial Day Parade May 29th at 9am in Essex Village