News & Announcements
- Halloween parade is on Monday Oct 31st, starting at 6pm behind the Essex Post Office on Main Street
- LEGAL NOTICE - Personal Property Declarations are Due. Deadline is Nov. 1st.
- First Annual Tri Town Veterans Day Parade, Sat Nov 5th, 1pm-3pm in Deep River at Devitts Field
- State of CT Sample Ballot for Nov 8th 2016
- Connecticut Water Urges Voluntary Water Conservation
Welcome to Essex, CT
Thank you for visiting the Town of Essex website! We strive to provide an efficient tool for communications between the Town and our residents while promoting openness and transparency in our municipal operations.
Essex consists of three unique villages and is ideally located on the Connecticut River a few short miles from Long Island Sound. Well-known for its beautiful landscapes, majestic trees and gardens, fascinating architecture, and cultural and historical attractions, we are a boating and sailing destination as well. Essex is famous for hosting a multitude of parades throughout the year and offers an outstanding culinary and shopping experience to our residents and visitors. Come experience, explore and enjoy the small-town enchantment of Essex, Connecticut.