News & Announcements
- Approved Town Budget for Fiscal Year 2016-2017
- Town Hall will be closed Monday, May 30th in observance of Memorial Day. We will reopen on Tuesday, May 31st at 9 am.
- LAND USE DEPT has been temporarily relocated to the auditorium while the department undergoes renovations and is open regular business hours M-F from 9-4
- Essex Landfill/Transfer Station will be closed on Monday, May 30th in observance of Memorial Day and reopen on Tuesday, May 31st at 7:00 a.m.
- Primary Eligibility Notice
Welcome to Essex, CT
Thank you for visiting the Town of Essex website! We strive to provide an efficient tool for communications between the Town and our residents while promoting openness and transparency in our municipal operations.
Essex consists of three unique villages and is ideally located on the Connecticut River a few short miles from Long Island Sound. Well-known for its beautiful landscapes, majestic trees and gardens, fascinating architecture, and cultural and historical attractions, we are a boating and sailing destination as well. Essex is famous for hosting a multitude of parades throughout the year and offers an outstanding culinary and shopping experience to our residents and visitors. Come experience, explore and enjoy the small-town enchantment of Essex, Connecticut.
June 1, 2016 - 7:45am
June 1, 2016 - 5:00pm
June 1, 2016 - 7:00pm
June 2, 2016 - 7:30pm
June 7, 2016 - 7:00pm