News & Announcements
- LEGAL NOTICE - Personal Property Declarations are Due
- Town of Essex Awarded $491,887 for STEAP Grant
- Ivoryton Pumpkin Festival, Saturday, Oct 22nd! 5-8 pm
- Ivory Street Closed to Thru Traffic from Sept 14th until mid-November for road and bridge reconstruction. A detour has been set up.
- Land Use Department will be closed Friday, Oct 14th and reopen Mon, Oct 17th in the newly renovated offices on the 2nd floor
Welcome to Essex, CT
Thank you for visiting the Town of Essex website! We strive to provide an efficient tool for communications between the Town and our residents while promoting openness and transparency in our municipal operations.
Essex consists of three unique villages and is ideally located on the Connecticut River a few short miles from Long Island Sound. Well-known for its beautiful landscapes, majestic trees and gardens, fascinating architecture, and cultural and historical attractions, we are a boating and sailing destination as well. Essex is famous for hosting a multitude of parades throughout the year and offers an outstanding culinary and shopping experience to our residents and visitors. Come experience, explore and enjoy the small-town enchantment of Essex, Connecticut.