News & Announcements
- Independence Day Parade, Sat, July 2nd in Ivoryton Village. Starts at 10:00 a.m.
- Eversource to Deliver Significant Savings to Standard Service Customers Effective July 1
- 9 Town Transit services will be CLOSED on Monday, July 4th for the holiday.
- State Issues Drought Advisory
- GOV. MALLOY ANNOUNCES PLAN TO REMOVE TRAFFIC SIGNALS ON RTE 9 IN MIDDLETOWN
Welcome to Essex, CT
Thank you for visiting the Town of Essex website! We strive to provide an efficient tool for communications between the Town and our residents while promoting openness and transparency in our municipal operations.
Essex consists of three unique villages and is ideally located on the Connecticut River a few short miles from Long Island Sound. Well-known for its beautiful landscapes, majestic trees and gardens, fascinating architecture, and cultural and historical attractions, we are a boating and sailing destination as well. Essex is famous for hosting a multitude of parades throughout the year and offers an outstanding culinary and shopping experience to our residents and visitors. Come experience, explore and enjoy the small-town enchantment of Essex, Connecticut.
July 6, 2016 - 5:00pm
July 6, 2016 - 6:00pm
July 6, 2016 - 7:00pm
July 7, 2016 - 7:30pm
July 12, 2016 - 5:00pm