Inland Wetlands Commission
The Essex Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Commission has a duty to try and help preserve natural resources within the town. Therefore, the Commission regulates most proposed activities that take place either within a wetland, watercourse or water body, or within 100 feet of these areas. If you have any questions about what is a regulated activity don’t hesitate to call the wetland enforcement official in the Land Use Office.
- Pest Alerts from the Tree Warden
- The Opioid Epidemic! Evening of information on Monday, May 15th at the Centerbrook Meeting House.
- Essex Veterans Memorial Day Parade May 29th at 9am in Essex Village
- Region 4 Budget Referendum - Tuesday, May 2nd at the Essex Town Hall Auditorium 12 pm - 8 pm. (Essex Residents)
- CT DPH RELEASES ANNUAL FISH ADVISORY, “IF I CATCH IT, CAN I EAT IT?”