It is the mission of the Essex State Trooper's Office and Police Department to protect and preserve life and property, to reduce the incidence and fear of crime, and to improve the quality of life by maintaining order and apprehending criminals. Our mandate is to do so with honor, integrity and with the highest ethical standards, while dealing with the public, at all times, with courtesy, professionalism and respect.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply for Private / Extra Duty Police Services?
- I need to be fingerprinted for employment/commercial driver’s license/pistol permit. Do I need to make an appointment?
- How do I obtain a copy of a police and/or accident report?
- How can I get a criminal background check done?
- What do I do if I receive a Bad Check?
- Pest Alerts from the Tree Warden
- The Opioid Epidemic! Evening of information on Monday, May 15th at the Centerbrook Meeting House.
- Essex Veterans Memorial Day Parade May 29th at 9am in Essex Village
- Region 4 Budget Referendum - Tuesday, May 2nd at the Essex Town Hall Auditorium 12 pm - 8 pm. (Essex Residents)
- CT DPH RELEASES ANNUAL FISH ADVISORY, “IF I CATCH IT, CAN I EAT IT?”