The purpose of the Local Emergency Planning Committee is to prepare the town for any emergencies that might arrive, be they weather related or manmade.
The Town has implemented a state-of-the-art emergency notification system to alert citizens about emergencies and other community reports. It is called Safer Essex. Those who wish to untilize this service must pre-register.
We encourage people to make an emergency plan for their households. To help we offer the Home Shelter Kit guidelines (see below).
- Temporary Authorization to Prevent Damage & Secure Structures by Hurricane Sandy
- CT DEEP Contact Information
- Are You Ready for a Hurricane?
- Guide To Pet Disaster Preparedness
- Extreme Cold Prevention Guide
- Home Shelter Kit
- Hurricane Readiness
- What to do when disaster strikes?
- What you need to know about Storms and Power Outages, from CL&P (6 mgs)