News & Announcements
- CHIP SEALING ON DENNISON RD AND RIVER RD SCHEDULED TO BEGIN ON AUG 24TH
- MILLING SCHEDULED TO BEGIN ON THE FOLLOWING ROADWAYS ON MONDAY, AUG 29TH - weather permitting. Book Hill Rd., Mares Hill Rd., Hemlock Rd., Bittersweet Ln.
- Stone Being Stockpiled at Old Commuter Lot (Exit 3) for Chip Sealing Roadways
- Eversource Begins Summer Helicopter Inspections of Transmission Lines
- First Annual Tri Town Veterans Day Parade, Sat Nov 5th, 1pm-3pm in Deep River at Devitts Field
Welcome to Essex, CT
Thank you for visiting the Town of Essex website! We strive to provide an efficient tool for communications between the Town and our residents while promoting openness and transparency in our municipal operations.
Essex consists of three unique villages and is ideally located on the Connecticut River a few short miles from Long Island Sound. Well-known for its beautiful landscapes, majestic trees and gardens, fascinating architecture, and cultural and historical attractions, we are a boating and sailing destination as well. Essex is famous for hosting a multitude of parades throughout the year and offers an outstanding culinary and shopping experience to our residents and visitors. Come experience, explore and enjoy the small-town enchantment of Essex, Connecticut.
August 25, 2016 - 7:00pm
August 25, 2016 - 7:30pm
September 1, 2016 - 7:30pm
September 6, 2016 - 7:00pm
September 7, 2016 - 7:45am