April 1, eligibility to receive COVID-19 Vaccine is expanded to include age 16+
CT is rolling out COVID-19 vaccine in phases based on specific eligibility requirements.
There are several ways to get a vaccine and ALL require an appointment and many require an email address for each person registering for vaccine:
1. Register using the Vaccination Administration Management System (VAMS*).
- This process takes several days so start it today.
- Thousands of doses are available across the state.
- Locally, the Old Saybrook mass vaccination clinic gets approx. 500 doses per week so keep checking their appointment slots in VAMS
2. Register with any of the 5 Nutmeg Pharmacy locations https://www.nutmegpharmacy.com/covid19-vaccine.
- They receive limited doses each week so their time slots fill up quickly.
- If you are 16+, register online now to get on their list.
3. Register with CVS or Walgreens Pharmacies
4. Reach out to your Healthcare System to register at one of their vaccination locations.
Examples Include: Yale-New Haven Health, Middlesex Health, UConn Health, Hartford Healthcare, Veteran Affairs, or others
If you need assistance registering for Vaccine:
- Call your Local Health Dept, Local Social Services Director
- Call the Vaccine Appointment Assistance Line (VAAL) at 877-918-2224
- Call 211-United Way
Currently, most people register for their vaccination appointment using the Vaccine Administration Management System (VAMS) because it shows the many, many locations and time slots available across the state, and locally at the Old Saybrook mass vaccination clinic.
VAMS also allows you to schedule your 2nd dose and any of the available clinics. NOTE: Registering in VAMS takes several days because of the email and eligibility verification steps so it is important that you start the process today.
Getting Started in VAMS
1. To activate an account in VAMS go to https://dphsubmissions.ct.gov/OnlineVaccine
2. You will receive a registration email from firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Click the registration link in the email – This is a time sensitive email and link.
4. Follow the steps to create your account.
VAMS will provide you with the most opportunities to schedule an appointment for your vaccine. It is critical that you check your spam & junk email folders to look for the emails from DPH and email@example.com.
For more info and Frequently Asked Questions; https://portal.ct.gov/Corona.../COVID-19-Vaccinations---FAQs
Please continue to help others (especially those who are 75+) register for vaccine.
Director of Health
Emergency Management Director
Town of Essex
P: 860-767-4340 x118