How do I obtain a copy of a police and/or accident report?

All reports generated by the Essex Police Department and Essex Resident Trooper’s Office are filed with the Connecticut State Police.  Contact the State Police at Troop F in Westbrook during business hours Monday thru Friday and ask to speak to a clerk within the Reports and Records Department (860)399-2100.  They will guide you thru the process of obtaining a report.